I am pleased to announce the release of SmuginProForAperture v1.0. SmuginProForAperture is a more advanced version of the SmuginForAperture plugin allowing images to be uploaded directly from Aperture to the SmugMug photo and video sharing site.
Base Features (SmuginForAperture)
- The caption can be generated from any or all of IPTC Headline, IPTC Caption and the image version name.
- The caption can be edited directly for each image being uploaded.
- The keywords to be set on SmugMug can be edited.
- Any keywords used are remembered and auto-completion is provided for keywords.
- The destination gallery can be selected form a hierarchical menu based on the gallery category and subcategory details.
- New galleries can be created either using the SmugMug default values or from user defined gallery templates.
- 32/64 bit Intel binary
- SmuginProForAperture can add custom fields to the Aperture metadata for exported images. The generated custom fields can then be used to create smart albums of all images that have been uploaded to SmugMug, or to a specific gallery for example. The plugin preferences allow control over which meta-data is stored.
- Each image can be exported to a different gallery if required.
- You can choose whether to replace an existing image with a new version or add a second version of the same image to a new gallery.
- SmuginProForAperture uses Growl (if installed) for status notifications.
Until licensed the plugin runs in demo mode with the following limitations:
- You can only upload 5 images at a time.
- The demo will expire after 30 days.
- Each image will have smuginproforaperture added as a keyword in the exported image.
Thanks to all those people who helped with the beta testing, your assistance is been greatly appreciated.